Saturday, September 1, 2007

First Step: Choosing a Place to Blog

There are a lot of options when it comes to blogging. All these options can easily be confusing to somebody who is new to the scene. So read on to help you choose what would be the best option for you.

Free - Blogger ; Wordpress ; Livejournal (there may be more)
Paid - Typepad

Paid blogging platforms can be much more reliable in certain cases, but I've had hardly any bad experiences with blogger in terms of downtime. Its up to personal preference which you would choose, but it wouldn't be a bad choice using blogger or wordpress for a start-out platform, as you get a free blog, a free sub-domain and very good tools. I personally, choose Blogger over Wordpress, because you can serve AdSense on it (on free wordpress blogs, you can't do this) and I like being able to access things such as AdSense, Gmail and Blogger in one central area (my Google account). I don't have any experience with Typepad or Livejournal personally, but I haven't heard anything bad.

Basically, the whole point of this post, was to give you advice and more importantly, information on the different blogging platforms out there; in the end though, it is your choice.

In the next post I will be giving you the next step in the quest to build a blog!

Cheers!

No comments: